Monday, July 23, 2012

Chin up

I'm taking a study break to breathe, blog, and grab something to eat. Mac & cheese cooks fast and there are fresh nectarines Devon and I found at Spinny's, the local grocery store. That plus more turkish coffee and I'm regaining life again.

Today was hard. The last week has, again, been a flurry of flashcards, written assignments, hours spent reading at Wild Jordan, early mornings at the clinic, and late nights annotating in the livingroom. Our two midterms were last Thursday and we got our scores back today. One went okay, and one warranted a "I'm highly disappointed in you" from my professor. Awesome.

But there's a guy almost 8000 miles away in Peru who made me smile, even when I wanted to curl up in a ball and give up. And he can give the closest technology comes to cyber-hugs.

Soooo, I'm back in the livingroom studying. There's only two weeks left. Hardest two weeks, but only two weeks. Tonight's gonna be more data entry, a paper, and a hypothesis with calculations and frequency tables. But I've got turkish coffee, Peruvian hugs that are always there, and a brother who quotes Bob Marley at me. This'll happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment