Sunday, July 1, 2012

United Nations Relief and Works Agency

Today was surreal. That's the only word I can find to describe it.

This picture makes it look like I'm standing in front of UNRWA, but I'm actually floating. On cloud 9.


We discovered today that the Chief of Public Health for all of the refugees under UNRWA will be listening to our final presentations at the end of our 5 weeks here. After compiling our research and crafting possible policies, we'll not only be graded, but we'll be speaking before the *chief*. It adds a level of intensity and intimidation, but I'm actually thrilled at the potential for tangible change. Dr. Abu-Zayed will be listening for ideas and potential solutions to discrepancies in camp health care. The head of public health for all of UNRWA will be listening to us and, while the chances of us discovering something new and original may not be incredibly high, I'm thrilled at the mere possibility.

Like I said, surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment